Planet Mew

A Pokemon Sandbox RPG

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The trials of a new gym leader (open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tachi

Experience Points : 15

PostSubject: The trials of a new gym leader (open)   Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:42 am

Tachi sat in the center of the battle field waiting for his first challenger as a gym leader. Once he had defeated Morty, Tachi had redone the gym, making it seem like the drop from one of the platforms or bridges would go on forever. This was actually just a trick with the little light there was in the gym. The ground below the platforms is heavily padded, so even if someone did fall, they wouldn't be hurt at all.

"I wonder who my first challenger will be..." Tachi said as he waited patiently for his first challenger to arrive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akane
Admin

Experience Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: The trials of a new gym leader (open)   Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:56 am

The rumors Akane heard must've been true. Morty had been thwarted and his gym handed down! Akane remembered her battle with Morty, even after so many battles, she just had to test the waters with this new "leader." She had heard mixed reviews of this leader, she decided to go ahead and test the newbie herself. After all, she was a Champion, a rather weak one in comparison, but Akane didn't have time for training, perhaps she should since every year trainers seem to just get stronger and stronger. Approaching the gym, Akane sensed something strange and ominous about this gym...

Upon entering the gym, Akane was encased in total darkness for a split second before the torches brightened up the path. "I get it, if you can't even jump the isles, how can you take on the gym leader? Is this a testament to their power? Or overcompensation. She laughed as she easily skidded through the gym.

No extra trainers? This is unusual for a gym. Must be new and have no followers or apprentices yet. Finally she found a lift at the end of the gym.

"I hear tell Mortys been removed. Now how did that happen?" She spoke as the lift approached the platform where the gym leader resided.
----------------------
So... If you don't wanna post with me that's fine ^^ just lemme know and I'll delete my snarky post. I'm just bored of waiting though xD

View user profile http://mewpokearth.forumotion.com
Tachi

PostSubject: Re: The trials of a new gym leader (open)   Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:17 pm

"He battled me for control of the gym. Though he's the one that wagered it. He called me his equal among ghost type trainers. Tachi answered getting up from the center of the battle field and moving to the right side of it.

"You know, I never expected my first challenger to be the champion. Or I should say, the new champion anyway. The battle is a basic four against four battle, is that to your liking champion?" Tachi said 'champion' in an almost mocking sort of tone, like he's questioning if she really deserves the title.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akane
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The trials of a new gym leader (open)   Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:54 am

"Oh," she laughed, "I'm most definitely not the new Champion. I've been long since overthrown. Perhaps I am more famous than I assumed... I held the title for a long time."

The memory of defeating Red at the end of the Kanto Elite four was temporarily relived. But the taunting tone of the leader was alluring to her desire to battle again.

"But I'm afraid I don't use one of my pokemon," She said pointing to a beautifully crafted pokeball around her waist. "this ones just for show. How about a three-on three?" She grinned eerily, adrenaline contorting her smile and stance as she mentally prepared herself for the upcoming thrill.

Tachi

PostSubject: Re: The trials of a new gym leader (open)   Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:03 am

"I'm alright with three against three. Also, just as like a normal gym battle, only the challenger, you, can switch out when needed." Tachi didn't appear to have a single pokeball on him.

"Gin, appear! A Gengar appeared in front of Tachi practically out of thin air. The battled had started. Tachi was now just waiting on the champions pokemon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akane
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The trials of a new gym leader (open)   Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:39 am

The battle had commenced with a slight movement of the gym leader, and a pokemon materialized in front of the two. "How rude, don't even state your name..." She whispered out of earshot. But her thought was cut short, this gengar, it was a shiny! Interesting... Perhaps I had underestimated this person.

"Well, I am Akane of the Red Mane, Nanomi!" Thinking about a gengar, they are pretty quick... Silas would need to move pretty quickly. "Go Silas!" On command Silas padded forward to face the gengar. "Use discharge!"

Akane realized the approximate chance of paralysis was slim being only a recorded thirty percent chance, but she had to try and force the gengar's speed down before it could use a hindering ghost type move like hypnosis or confuse ray. Perhaps this discharge would fill the room enough to slow the gengar, but at least as long as he's discharging, gengar can't get too close.

Tachi

PostSubject: Re: The trials of a new gym leader (open)   Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:44 am

"Gin! Gin was hit by the discharge, but it seemed like it evaded the paralysis after effect.

Use Hypnosis!Gin then quickly appeared in front of Silas. Gin was still a good 3 feet away from Silas when Gin use hypnosis. The move only had a 60% chance of hitting, but still an asleep pokemon is just as good as a fainted one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akane
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The trials of a new gym leader (open)   Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:25 am

There was no way to avoid the electricity in the air, but even though the gengar was hit, it seemed to just brush it off, and in fact moved at a rapid speed towards the still overflowing Silas. Comming to a stance at about three feet away, Akane could tell the gengar couldn't move any bit closer to Silas. But a sharp sound emitted; Hypnosis! No!

However, Silas had not fully discharged the electricity he had built up. Akane was only slightly relieved when the sharp sound did nothing to the intensely focused Silas. "Silas stop discharging! Use crunch!" Silas immediately moved forward, still crackling as the flow of electricity gradually stopped. His jaws wrapped around the gengar and shook it a little while still clasping the gengar, that quickly broke free, but not without suffering a good deal of damage.

"Silas! Get away!" Akane commanded with urgency, the gengar could easily attack him at such a close range.

Tachi

PostSubject: Re: The trials of a new gym leader (open)   Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:29 am

Silas was still close, Tachi had to take this chance while he could. "Hypnosis again!" From close up hypnosis probably had a better chance of hitting this time. If Silas fainted it was only a matter of dream eater attacks and nightmare attacks before it was the end of this round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akane
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The trials of a new gym leader (open)   Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:36 pm

"Silas! Ice fang go!" Silas prepared himself for the attack, but he began to slow his movements and sway, before falling to the ground. "Silas what's wrong!?" The hypnosis had hit this time, and Silas was kicking and squirming in his sleep as if he was having a nightmare. "Silas wake up! Now! Come on!" But the nightmares refused to let him go.

I need to invest in a pokeflute. She mumbled, before using an awakening on Silas, but he had already sustained serious damage. One more hit, and he'd probably fall.

"Sorry, I don't let my pokemon faint unless I have to." Withdrawing the beautifully encrusted luxury ball, "Silas return, rest."

This gengar was tough, and powerful, but luckily Silas did massive damage. Akane prepared herself for the next pokemon.

----------------------------------------
I'm so sorry for not getting back to you when I said I would v.v stuff went down, and by stuff I mean my grades hahaha so I apologize.

Tachi

PostSubject: Re: The trials of a new gym leader (open)   Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:38 pm

Gin was panting a bit from the battle, but soon caught his breath. "Not bad. But gin still has plenty of energy to burn." Tachi was ready for just about anything. If Gin fainted, Tachi knew what pokemon he was going to use next. "Who's your next pokemon"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The trials of a new gym leader (open)   Today at 7:52 am

Back to top Go down

The trials of a new gym leader (open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1